The Kobe Steel Group’s initiatives against the novel coronavirus
April 24, 2020
Updated on April 28, 2020
Updated on May 7, 2020
Updated on May 15, 2020
Updated on May 22, 2020
Last updated on May 26, 2020
We give our heartfelt prayers that the novel coronavirus infections will end as soon as possible, and we are sincerely thankful for the many people, including healthcare professionals, who are at the forefront of fighting against the novel coronavirus.
This website outlines the Kobe Steel Group’s basic policy and current response to the novel coronavirus infection. The Kobe Steel Group is carrying out initiatives in respond to a situation that changes day by day.
- 1.We place the highest priority on safety and health for all stakeholders in Japan and overseas, including customers, business partners, community members, employees of the Kobe Steel Group and others working on company premises, and their respective families.
- 2.In order to fulfill our social responsibility, we continue to provide products and services necessary to maintain the social infrastructure and other aspects, while carrying out thorough preventive measures to prevent infection.
- 3.We implement timely and appropriate information disclosure to fulfill our accountability to stakeholders.
Information on Kobe Steel’s initiatives against the novel coronavirus infection
Measures to prevent infection
1.Working (updated on May 26,2020)
- Employees will continue to work at home on the condition that the necessary coordination and arrangements have been made without having any detrimental effect on business operations.
2.Business trips (updated on May 26,2020)
- Business trips in Japan:
Trips taking airplanes and bullet trains are prohibited
- Business trips from Japan to other countries:
Prohibited in principle
3.Health management (updated on May 26,2020)
- Employees who need to go to the company must wear masks at all times, wash their hands frequently, and gargle thoroughly.
- Employees are urged to avoid closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings and maintain social distancing.
Social Contribution Activities
1. IP open access declaration against COVID-19 (updated on May 22,2020)
Kobe Steel, Ltd. has joined the IP Open Access Declaration Against COVID-19 to support measures to contain the novel coronavirus infection. In accordance with the intent of the declaration, Kobe Steel declares that it will not assert any intellectual property rights with respect to activities implemented solely for the purpose of stopping the spread of COVID-19.