- (1) Approach to the Protection of Personal Information
Kobe Steel Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") recognizes that it is important to protect the personal information of all individuals who provide personal information to the Company, including customers and business partners (hereinafter referred to as the "Principal"), and in order to fulfill this responsibility, the Company will handle personal information in accordance with the following policies.
- 1. The Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations applicable, and will handle personal information appropriately in accordance with generally accepted practices relating to the handling of personal information. In addition, the Company will endeavor to improve its handling of the same as necessary.
- 2. The Company shall clarify the rules for the handling of personal information and ensure that all of its employees are fully informed of such rules. The Company will also provide necessary and appropriate supervision to a person to whom the Company entrusts handling of personal information (hereinafter referred to as the “Trustee”).
- 3. In handling personal information, the Company shall specify, notify, or publicly announce the purpose of use and handle personal information according to the purpose of use.
- 4. In order to prevent leakage, loss, alteration, etc. of personal information, the Company will implement the necessary measures to appropriately manage such information.
- 5. The Company will accept requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, and cessation of utilization of personal information held by the Company at the designated reception desks and will respond in good faith thereto.
- (2) Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company may use personal information obtained by appropriate means in light of laws and regulations to the extent required for the following purposes in the business operated by the Company (as detailed in Exhibit).
On this website, we collect cookies for the purpose of measuring and analyzing access situation. For cookies, please see the following page.
- 1) Notification and provision of products and services
- 2) Development of products and services
- 3) Purchase of raw materials, goods, and services
- 4) Response to inquiries from the Principal
- (3) Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
The Company shall not disclose or provide personal data to any third party except for the provision of personal data to Trustees, or in the event of any of the following:
- 1) Cases in which the Principal consents to the disclosure or provision.
- 2) Cases in which the data is disclosed or provided after the processing by which the data becomes unable to identify the Principal such as statistical procedures.
- 3) Cases in which it is required to disclose or provide such data based on laws and regulations.
- 4) Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body, or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain the Principal's consent.
- 5) Cases in which there is a need to cooperate with central government organizations, local governments, etc. performing public affairs, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the consent of the Principal would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
- 6) Cases in which the Company shares personal data with specific persons, and the items of personal data to be shared, the scope of persons to share and the person responsible for the management are notified to the Principal or publicly announced in advance.
- (4) Disclosure
Upon receipt of a request from the Principle for disclosure of his/her own personal data in the possession of the Company, the Company shall respond within a reasonable period and scope after confirming that the submitter of such request is actually the Principle.
- (5) Correction, Deletion, etc.
Upon receipt of a request from the Principle for correction, addition, or deletion concerning his/her own personal data in the possession of the Company, the Company shall make such correction, addition, or deletion concerning the data within a reasonable period and scope if any of the contents therein are not factual, after confirming that the submitter of such request is actually the Principle.
- (6) Cessation of utilization and Erasure
Upon receipt of a request from the Principle for cessation of utilization or erasure of his/her own personal data in possession of the Company, the Company shall cease the utilization of or erase such data within a reasonable period and scope after confirming that the submitter of such request is actually the Principle. The Company kindly reminds the Principe of that cessation of utilization or erasure of all or part of his/her personal data may prevent the Company from providing services in accordance with requests. In this respect, the Company deeply appreciates the understanding and cooperation of the Principle. (In some cases, request for cessation of utilization or erasure of information in the possession of the Company under relevant laws and regulations may not be accepted.)
- (7) Reception Desks for Request for Disclosure, etc.
Any requests concerning personal information in the possession of the Company as set forth in Articles (4), (5), and (6) above and any other inquiries concerning personal information will be accepted at the following desks.
We accept requests at the desk of which we notified at the time of receiving personal information, or at our customer desk if you have business transactions with us. The details of the procedures for identification of the Principle and relevant fees will be provided upon request submission. If you do not know the reception desk, please contact the following.
Compliance Management Department, Kobe Steel Ltd.