- Management and Development of Human Resources
- Initiatives for Respecting Human Rights
In our stratified companywide training taken by all employees who have reached turning points in their careers, we conduct training on the importance of creating sound working environments that are free from discrimination and encourage respect for human rights in the course of our corporate activities. The training includes the dissemination of the Corporate Ethical Principles and Standards of Corporate Conduct.
- Additionally, we familiarize employees with the Guidelines for Employee Conduct, encourage employees to respect human rights when conducting themselves, raise awareness of human rights through training at our various business locations, and strive to prevent human rights issues before they occur.
- In October 2019, we established a Human Rights Policy. From November, we will communicate the Human Rights Policy throughout the Kobe Steel Group.
- Initiatives to Prevent Harassment
To create a work environment where it is difficult for harassment to occur and to provide an early resolution when it does occur, we provide education and training as well as e-learning for managers and raise awareness by distributing compliance manuals such as the Manual to Prevent Sexual Harassment. We have also established a point of contact for sexual harassment consultation with trained staff in charge.
- The Kobe Steel Group’s Basic Policy on Human Rights
- Health and Safety
- Communication with Stakeholders
- KOBELCO Community Contribution Fund
On its 100th anniversary in fiscal 2006, Kobe Steel established the KOBELCO Community Contribution Fund, which conducts activities to support children.
In fiscal 2018, we donated ¥4,200,000 to each facility and organization.