- In Business and Everyday Life: The Kobe Steel Group's Environmental and Social Contribution Activities
- A Conversation Between President and CEO Hiroshi Sato and Newscaster Mitsuyo Kusano
- Overview of the Kobe Steel Group
- Feature:Innovative Products Help Lower CO2 Emissions
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance
- Strengthening Compliance
Sustainability Report 2010
Rather than engaging in dedicated environmental preservation activities, companies are now incorporating initiatives into their core business activities, for such advanced initiatives are being required by society. Here at the Kobe Steel Group, we continue to develop new products and technologies designed to reduce environmental impact, whilst also implementing environmental activities as part of our diverse range of business activities.
We also consider it to be our fundamental responsibility as a company to contribute to the local community. As such, we organize activities aimed at promoting interaction with local people and contributing to community development at all of our premises, both in Japan and overseas.
Our goal is to live in harmony with society and the Earth. That same desire underpins all of the Kobe Steel Group's environmental and social activities outlined in this report.
- The Three Visions of Kobelco's Eco Initiative Highlights of Activities in Fiscal 2009
- Policy and Framework for Environmental Management
- Material Balance
- Medium- to Long-Term Environmental Targets, Results and Evaluation
- Products, Technologies and Services that Contribute to the Environment
- Disclosure of Environmental Information
- Cooperation with the Local Community
- Full Staff Participation
- Thorough Risk Management
- Global Risk Management Activities
This report was created with reference to the following works: the GRI Guidelines, 3rd Edition; the Guidelines for Environmental Reporting, 2007 Edition; and a PR paper on corporate evaluation and business continuity published on August 1, 2005 by the Working Group of the Central Disaster Prevention Council.
The Sustainability Report 2010 presents the Kobe Steel Group's achievements in environmental protection and community activities in fiscal 2009 (April 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010). Some data from previous years are also included. The report sets out the Group's basic stance on environmental protection and social contributions. It also describes past, current, and future activities.