● The KOBELCO Group has been working to enhance the growth potential of the entire organization by encouraging people with diverse backgrounds and values to make full use of their abilities in the workplace. We believe this will lead to vigorous development of our business.
● Our Company has positioned diversity development as one of its most important management issues, which is clearly stated in the KOBELCO Group's Medium-Term Management Plan as well as in the messages from the management to employees.
Vision for the Future
Each employee achieves self-improvement by demonstrating one's individuality and strengths.
"KOBELCO One Team" takes on challenges and creates new values from diverse ideas and experiences.
Value unique strength of individuals
○ Accept each other's diverse individuality
○ Create a workplace where employees can demonstrate their strengths regardless of their beliefs, nationality, age, biological sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, work experience, or lifestyle, etc.
Promote a variety of working styles
○ Create a work environment where employees can work with a sense of fulfillment regardless of their job types, restrictions in work style, or life stages.
Take on the challenge of creating new value
○ Interact with and learn from each other beyond organizational boundaries.
○ Respect new ideas that come from different standpoints and ways of thinking.
○ Create a corporate culture where employees can take on challenges without fear of failure.
○ The KOBELCO Group's work style reforms aim to secure/retain excellent human resources, save time for improved workplace communication, and create a healthy working environment. To this end, we have been promoting a variety of activities, such as increasing the number of annual leave days taken, establishing work rules for meetings and email, promoting business reforms leveraging IT, adopting a casual dress code for some offices, and improving the working environment.
○ Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our employees were forced to change their work styles and conventional ways of doing things. In this situation, we are working to minimize the risk of infection by recommending safe working styles, such as telecommuting, staggered working hours, and active use of online meetings. Telecommuting and going paperless are becoming more widespread. We are now working to improve productivity by improving the telecommuting system, increasing the number of free address offices, and creating a workplace culture that encourages communication and autonomous thinking.
○ During the period of the new Medium-Term Management Plan, we believe it is important to improve the way we work on a daily basis by having all employees, including executives, participate and further improve the quality of all corporate activities in terms of business operations and organizational management, in order to realize our Corporate Philosophy. Going forward, we will continue to actively promote initiatives for strengthening our corporate competitiveness with the aim of improving productivity while pursuing a healthy work environment where diverse human resources can perform to the best of their ability.
● Our Group's unique strength lies in having diverse human resources and technologies in a wide range of business areas, from materials and machinery to electric power.
● The following initiatives are being implemented to ensure the active participation of diverse human resources under the framework for sustainability management.