We have been working to enhance the growth potential of the entire organization by encouraging people with diverse backgrounds and values to make the most of their abilities in the workplace. We believe this will lead to vigorous development of our business. As stated in Medium-Term Management Plan (Fiscal 2021-2023) as well as in the messages from the directors and executive officers, our Group has positioned the development of D&I as an important management issue and set forth its vision for the future, basic policy, and key performance indicators (KPIs). Our Group will further strengthen its D&I development so that people with diverse backgrounds and values can fully demonstrate their abilities in the workplace.
Vision for the Future
Creating a work environment where diverse human resources can all play active roles
Each employee achieves self-improvement by demonstrating their own individuality and strengths.
“KOBELCO One Team” takes on challenges and creates new value from diverse ideas and experiences.
Value unique strength of individuals
○ Accept each other's diverse individuality
○ Exchange opinions, deepen mutual understanding, and promote active participation of human resources.
Promote a variety of working styles
○ Create a workplace environment where employees can work comfortably regardless of their job types, restrictions in work style, or life stages.
○ Create a workplace that is highly motivating and fulfilling.
Take on the challenge of creating new value
○ Interact with and learn from each other beyond organizational boundaries.
○ Respect new ideas that come from different standpoints and ways of thinking.
○ Create a corporate culture where employees can take on challenges without fear of failure.
●Organizational Structure for D&I Development
The Human Resources Department plays a leading role in D&I development activities and cooperates with various projects.
We have established a D&I Development Subcommittee and Diversity Network Team to strengthen cross-organizational activities. By doing so, we will further strengthen our D&I development activities
●Fiscal 2021 Results
●External Awards and Assessments
○Awarded Gold for 2021 in PRIDE Index (index for LGBTQ-related initiatives by companies)
○Declaration on Action by Male Leaders Coalition for Empowerment of Women, Cabinet Office / Endorsement of the “30% by 2030” challenge
○Registered as a company supporting the Tokyo metropolitan government’s “barrier-free mindset” initiative
○Received “Platinum Kurumin” certification in recognition of its support for child-rearing
○Received “Hyogo work-life balance company” award
○ The KOBELCO Group's work style reforms aim to secure/retain excellent human resources, save time for improved workplace communication, and create a healthy working environment. To this end, we have been promoting a variety of activities, such as increasing the number of annual leave days taken, establishing work rules for meetings and email, promoting business reforms leveraging IT, adopting a casual dress code for some offices, and improving the working environment.
○ Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our employees were forced to change their work styles and conventional ways of doing things. In this situation, we are working to minimize the risk of infection by recommending safe working styles, such as telecommuting, staggered working hours, and active use of online meetings. Telecommuting and going paperless are becoming more widespread. We are now working to improve productivity by improving the telecommuting system, increasing the number of free address offices, and creating a workplace culture that encourages communication and autonomous thinking.
○ During the period of the new Medium-Term Management Plan, we believe it is important to improve the way we work on a daily basis by having all employees, including executives, participate and further improve the quality of all corporate activities in terms of business operations and organizational management, in order to realize our Corporate Philosophy. Going forward, we will continue to actively promote initiatives for strengthening our corporate competitiveness with the aim of improving productivity while pursuing a healthy work environment where diverse human resources can perform to the best of their ability.